Monday, May 12, 2014

Welcome to my Blog

Hello readers,

I am Lorelei, on the internet I am known as Laurahonest.  I am a 31 year old stay at home mom.  I am a huge bookworm.  I have shelves and shelves of books.  I am always looking for new books to read.  I read every spare moment I can.  I have an elementary school aged son who is also a bookworm.

When I was a kid my favorite gifts were books.  My Christmas list was usually all or almost all books.  I grew up in a very rural area and we didn't have tv until I was 12, by then my bookworm habits were firmly established.  My parents would send me outside to play and find me camped out in the shade somewhere reading. 

By the time I was 4 years old I would correct my parents when they read me bedtime stories if they skipped a word or read something out of order.  I could read to myself by the time I started kindergarten.  I started reading chapter books to myself in first grade.  I read The Hobbit by myself the summer before I started third grade.  I was 9 when I received the Little House on the Prairie box set and read it for the first time.  I have since read the entire series more times than I can count.  When I was 12 my dad took me into our family library and told me I could read any book on his western shelves.  I devoured Louis L'amour and Zane Grey.  In my sophmore year of high school my mother gave me a list of 150 classic books to read before I graduated.  In two years I read nearly all of the books on the list.  The few that I didn't read where ones that I couldn't find.

Now I am an adult and I haven't slowed down my reading at all.  My husband dreads me entering bookstores because we will always leave with at least one new book if not an entire stack of new books.  The bookshelves in my house are double and triple stacked.  There is always a stack of books on my desk waiting to be read.  My local librarians and the clerks at all of the bookstores within 25 miles of my house know me by name.

This blog is something new I am trying out.  When friends and family ask me for book recommendations I forget every book I have ever read.  I would like to be able to list off more books than the current one I am reading.  I hope to keep this blog filled with reviews of books I read.  Hopefully the reviews will be mostly positive but I promise to be honest in my reviews. 

Lorelei

No comments:

Post a Comment