Monday, April 13, 2015

Doubt Volume 2

This is a review for Doubt Volume 2 by Yoshiki Tonogai.
I gave this book ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5 stars, I loved it.

"One day a wolf snuck into a tight-knit colony of rabbits." 
This is a review for sequel in a series.  This review will have spoilers for the first volume.  If you wish to read my review of the first volume you can find that here.

Six players of the mobile game "Rabbit Doubt" decided to have an offline meeting.  They met up and ended up locked in a warehouse with no idea how they got there and the corpse of a friend hanging from the rafters.  Now they have to find the wolf hiding among them before they all die.

This volume starts off with two people dead and the rest are sure they know the wolf's identity.  Unfortunately for them nothing is as it seems for the remaining players.  Everyone is hiding a secret from the others, some big and some small.  Can any of them trust anyone else?  Will any of them even try to trust the others? Will anyone survive this deadly game?

I have to say, I liked the ending even better than the first volume.  The plot twists kept being interesting and unexpected.  The true identity of the wolf was a shock to me.  The motives of the wolf were even more of a shock.  The last page of the manga was a perfect ending to this series.  It is dark, and gory and it deserved a fittingly macabre ending and it got one.  I am not sure I will ever look at rabbits quite the same way after reading this series!

I definitely recommend this series to everyone who doesn't mind a little blood and gore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment